EnrolmentsGive your child the best start with Karuna Montessori
Our school week is from Monday to Friday and follows the AIS (Association of Independent Schools) school term schedule, the hours are as follows:
• Pre-school: 9.00am to 12pm, 5 days a week.
• Kindergarten: 9.00am to 2.45pm, 5 days a week.
• Afternoon Care: 12.00-2.45pm, 4 days a week.
The First Step
The first step to enrolling your child is to make an appointment for a classroom observation. This is the best way to appreciate the uniqueness of Montessori education.
The Second Step
The second step is to place your child’s name on the waitlist (see Enrolment forms on the right hand side). The waitlist fee is $60. For siblings the waitlist fee is $30. When the school allocates places to children, the following factors are considered:
• Age and gender balance of the children in the classroom.
• Date waitlist form is submitted and paid.
• Commitment of the family to the full three-year program.
• Preparedness of the family to commit to the philosophy and policies of the school.
• Children with special needs subject to maximum numbers as determined by the Enrolment Committee.
Siblings of current or past students are given priority.
The Final Decision
The final decision to admit a child is taken only after consideration of the Enrolment Committee. The start date depends on the Principal’s assessments of the child’s readiness.
Should your application be successful, you will be offered a place which will only be confirmed upon receipt of the placement fee of $300; sibling placement fee $150, the signed placement agreement and the bond, refundable only in Term 4 of the third year of the child’s attendance.
The school generally admits children to the school in Terms 1, 2 and 3. Children are usually admitted in the term in which they turn three years of age. Start dates are staggered so as to assist the children in adjusting to their new environment, as well as minimising disruption to the rest of the class.